12 hours pre procedure

The journey here has been hell.

My dad arrived at the airport with my mam’s Passport instead of his. I sat and cried on the airport floor while he raced home to find his passport. We did make it back and we were rushed through security and had time before our flight.

We arrived in the airport and our transfer (which was included in the price of the balloon) didn’t show up. No one answered the phone/email/Facebook messages. We stood around for about an hour and as we were getting into a taxi I got a callback- and was told to get the taxi and it would be reimbursed.

Our taxi dropped us at the wrong apartment so I was convinced the entire country was out to scam me....

But eventually we got settled in late last night. The excitement of the day meant I didn’t sleep well at all, and I woke up with a huge headache. Not wanting to cause any balloon issues I ploughed on without painkillers and did a bit of sightseeing with my dad.

I’m now back in my apartment and it’s 8,30pm. I get picked up in 12 hours.

I think my stress had faded. This happens to me in situations like this- I stress for weeks before then as it gets closer I calm down. It’s unavoidable now, I chose this for myself. This is my final chance at being healthy and losing weight, and I know that.

As I was leaving the house and saying goodbye to my wife, I asked if she was okay. She said “I feel like this is all you’ve ever wanted, and this is your chance at being slim and healthy for real”. She’s so right.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packing for Prague

4 Weeks pre-procedure

Day 5